Sightseeing in Plakias (Crete)
A wealth of sightseeing attractions is available in and around Plakias. The Mon Preveli monastery and museum is worth a visit to sample some of the area’s history. Boat trips can be made from Plakias harbour to beauty spots such as Preveli Beach and the remote but stunning beaches of Agios Pavlos. A trip to Crete’s third largest town, Rethymnon, will provide plenty of shopping opportunities and excellent seafood restaurants down by the vibrant Venetian harbour.
Don't forget to visit:
- The wild Kourtaliotis Gorge with magnificent waterfalls and springs of the little river Preveli
- The fantastic sandy beach of Damnoni
- The famous Palm Beach Preveli
- The impressive Kotsifou Gorge
- The famous White Mountains
- The green plain of Askifou
- The Imbros Gorge
- The historical little town of Chora Sfakion
- The village of Frankocastello and its legendary fortress from the 14th century.
+30 28320 31425