How to get there
Starting from U.K. fly to Iraklio (Heraklion) preferably, or Hania (Chania) airport.
If you arrive at Iraklio (Heraklion) Airport you can take a taxi to the bus station for about 7.00 Euro or take the old blue and white bus no. 1 just beyond the car park. Buy a ticket at the little wooden hut for 0.70 Euro. Get off just after the bus climbs steeply beside the old town walls, along with most of the other people. When you get off the bus turn right and pass the big museum on your left.
By rental car:
- Please follow the National Road to Rethymnon and after 17 km the signs to "Spili"
- Turn right and follow the signs to "Plakias/Preveli"
- Drive through the village "Koxare".
- After 4 km you drive through the gorge "Kourtaliotis" and you pass the village "Asomatos".
- At the exit of the village you turn left and you follow the signs to "Plakias / Preveli".
- After 8 km you arrive in Plakias. Please follow the beach road and you will see our Lamon Hotel.
In case you are looking for low cost flights to Crete, please find below your flights and if you like book directly via skyscanner:
+30 28320 31425
Cookies are used to ensure you get the best experience on our website. This includes showing information in your local language where available, and e-commerce analytics.